Reservations - Revenue, Marketing & Reservations Manager
|Benefits:||Full benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Full Time|
Manage hotel reservations and group sales for park operations. Develop and implement marketing plan and social media strategy, and supervise all phases of the reservations process to insure high guest satisfaction and maximum occupancy. Utilize Revenue Management tools to drive occupancy and maximize rates year round. Direct group tour room and food sales. Represent company on boards promoting tourism in the Mount Rainier region.
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Develop and implement a marketing plan to include print, digital media, and online social media.
Develop annual lodging budgets incorporating Occupancy, ADR and Revenue data.
Drive marketing efforts to ensure maximum occupancies are met in all quarters
Assist with development of packages that increase ancillary spend & drive awareness of product and experience in the park by seasonality of the business.
Develop and implement a rate tier structure that ensures maximum occupancy is met and a threshold of rate integrity is maintained while ensuring that we are obtaining the best rate structure by day.
Assist with ensuring that data capture happens, and best utilization of information obtained and retargeted by lines of revenue.
Ensure that the website is up to date with the most relevant information ensuring that the customer & client understands the park experience, our product offerings, and lines of business.
Ensure that an up to date photo library is developed to attract target markets, demonstrating product, activities, relaxation and adventure.
Represent Rainier Guest Services on area tourism promotion boards and at travel industry trade fairs
Direct group tour sales, coordinating contracts, arrangements, and payments
Ensure individual reservations, group sales and property managers all receive accurate and timely information appropriate to their specific needs
Train and supervise reservations clerks to provide outstanding customer service, assist with training front desk staff at hotels
Manage contracts with wholesale tour operators
Produce accurate reports for operation and National Park Service & the properties, including occupancy forecasts, operation use, and revenues
Maintain and troubleshoot property management system, including entering rates, package plans
Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; secondary education is a plus
- Three years hotel sales and reservations experience strongly preferred; three years supervision experience strongly preferred
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to accurately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, common sense, and have a very strong attention to detail
- Strong level of knowledge and comfort with Windows operating system and MS Office software required
- Knowledge of Visual one Property Management and ProtoBase credit card systems preferred; ability to quickly learn and be able to use required
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. occasionally
- Able to sit for long periods up to two hour stretches. Perform repetitive motions like bending, grasping, and typing
- Able to spend long periods on the telephone and working on computer
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of visitors, co-workers and guests, and the ability to speak clearly in order to be understood by same in English
- Listen attentively to all callers
- Constantly communicate and receive written and verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment
Typical office equipment (computer, multi-line phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others).
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles and gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.