F&B - Baker - Lead
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$12.70-16.25/hr (DOE)|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Paradise Inn Lead Baker coordinates and supervises the daily production of specialty baked goods at Paradise Inn including pastries and desserts. Provide working direction to baking assistants to help maintain a consistently high standard of safety, cleanliness and food excellence.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Design and implement daily breakfast buffet pastry production under the direction of the Chef
Design, implement, and maintain Sunday Brunch dessert station
Train, supervise, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all baking tasks daily
Produce and direct the production of items such as pastries, doughs, fillings, cakes, pies, custards, and breads
Ensure that entire department adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Assist in maintenance of department records such as schedules, food safety inspection logs, and food costing
- Performs such other relatedd duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma strongly preferred
- Two years culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; hotel or national park experience preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification
- Possess strong knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare baked and dessert items “from scratch” and follow recipes
- Able to appropriately compensate for high altitude baking
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods; climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Able to read and write work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: goggles, gloves, cut gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.