HR/Safety - HR & Safety Coordinator
|Salary Range:||$16.25/hr. |
|Benefits:||Normal compensation package|
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The ideal Human Resources Assistant candidate is a proven multitasker, able to provide administrative support and assistance to the Human Resources Manager and employees. The successful candidate must be able to capably handle incoming calls, advertise open positions, interview candidates, maintain employment records, communicate with applicants and various departments including payroll, and plays an integral role on our safety team. This position is Data-entry intensive and requires a positive can-do attitude.
Do you think this might be you? Then please apply and let us know!
Maintain spreadsheets to coordinate communication between HR and payroll
Perform many tasks using computer software (MS Office, HRIS, web-based services)
Prepare and maintain employee files and related information such as hiring forms, I-9’s, W-4’s, and background checks
Communicate in multiple formats with employees and candidates regarding all aspects of hiring and employment
Prepare, present (or ensure completion of) and track safety trainings such as monthly safety meetings, BBP, driver, hazard communication, and sharps training
Ensure safety checks such as fire extinguishers and sprinklers are completed and tracked on a timely basis
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; Management, Hospitality, or related college degree strongly preferred
- At least 6 months experience in an administrative position required
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, common sense, and have a very strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments
- Strong knowledge of Office software, especially Word and Excel; ability to quickly learn web-based HR systems
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move
- Lift, carry, and push up to 5 lbs. regularly and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of applicants and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly in order to be understood by same in English
- Constantly communicate and receive written and verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles and gloves, will be demonstrating use of PPE for training puposes
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.