Porter - NPI Lobby-Day
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The day Lobby Porter at the National Park Inn is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of all lobby and kitchen areas and assist all departments with stocking and waste removal. Provide friendly and efficient service to guests and co-workers, including answering questions and assisting guests with luggage as requested.
This is a seasonal position from mid May to early October.
Clean hotel outdoor, public, and kitchen areas thoroughly, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and scrubbing
Record temperatures of all refrigeration equipment and report problems as needed to kitchen management
Empty, clean, and refill all sanitizing buckets according to company procedure
Replenish fireplace wood supply from storage; lay and maintain fire
Clean and sanitize all ground floor rest rooms; replenish rest room supplies
Assist hotel, gift shop and kitchen in receiving, stocking, and distributing orders
Assist housekeeping, including stripping room linens and sending soiled linens to laundry
Assist with deep cleaning projects as requested
- Perfors such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong sanitation habits
- Able to work independently with a checklist
- Able to recognize when a problem has occurred and report it to management
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and guests, and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; able to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- General custodial equipment including mop, broom, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, dust mask