Retail- Warehouse/Retail Clerk
|Salary Range:||$11.50 /hr|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Ashford Retail Whse|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Warehouse/Retail Clerk will split time and functions between warehouse clerk and retail clerk positions. Hold primary responsibility for processes to control warehouse inventory, including counting, processing, data entry, and distribution. Assist as needed in retail operation by completing guest transactions in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Monitor arrival, process, and distribute all retail merchandise to and from warehouse
Enter purchase orders and assist in retail data base maintenance; ticket, handle, and pack merchandise
Complete reports related to damages/shortages, returned merchandise, etc.
Assist in store set up and tear down at season beginning and end, and product merchandising
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register
Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing
- Performs such other duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; some college preferred.
- General Windows-based computer use; knowledge of retail POS system preferred
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail required
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand for the entire workday
- Climb steps regularly
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in, and outdoor environments
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of vendors, drivers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Ability to travel between different units within the park
- Dolly, rolling cart
- Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal; phone system and copier
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, safety glasses
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.