F&B - Kitchen Porter-Night
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$12.00/hr. |
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Paradise Inn Night Kitchen Porter maintains cleanliness of all kitchen areas overnight including floors, prep areas, hoods, ovens, ranges, garbage cans, and walk-in coolers. Deep clean all areas to be ready for the next day’s service.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Clean kitchen area thoroughly, including sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing
Deep clean floors, floor mats, ranges, and insides of hoods and ranges
Empty grease from fryers
Record temperatures of all refrigeration equipment and report problems as needed to kitchen management
Lock all food storage doors; ensure proper storage of all food and food-related items
Empty, clean, and refill all sanitizing buckets according to company procedure
Replenish fireplace wood supply from storage
Deep clean all trash cans
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong sanitation habits
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and report it to management
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods in a wet environment
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- General custodial equipment including mop, broom, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles