Front Desk - Night Auditor
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$13.50 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Paradise Inn Night Auditor provides excellent overnight service at the hotel front desk, performing all relevant night audit functions including cash reports and reconciliation, and verifying accuracy of credit cards and other reports.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing tasks
Provide administrative, reception, and program support to management, staff, and guests
Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in guests as needed. Smile and greet guests in a welcoming manner
Register and assign rooms to guests, provide quote for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible
Check daily cash reports for completeness and accuracy
Verify readings, over-rings, credit cards, checks, guest folios, etc.
Accurately complete required night audit reports on a nightly basis
Resolve guest concerns and complaints within scope of authority; refer to management as appropriate
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; bachelor degree preferred
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner), cash register and credit card terminal
- Computer-based hotel reservations system
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves