F&B - Kitchen Utility - Lead
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Provide daily guidance to kitchen utility team throughout work day while performing same functions as workers to maintain efficiency. Train new staff on procedures and tasks. Wash and properly store all dishes, pots, and pans relating to restaurant and employee dining room operations. Maintain the dish area and dishwashing equipment in a sanitary and efficient manner. Monitor and maintain trash cans throughout day. Keep employee dining room stocked and clean. Assist culinary and other restaurant staff as needed.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Monitor and direct workers to maintain efficient and safe completion of kitchen utility tasks
Train and on-board new staff on safety and procedures
Operate dishwashing equipment, including cleaning and breakdown
Wash dishes, pots and pans by hand as needed; keep pace with cooking staff need for clean items
Maintain cleanliness and safety of dish area; clean up spills in all kitchen and EDR areas
Keep all trash cans double-lined and in sanitary condition
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods in a wet environment
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Commercial dishwasher, dish cleaning supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves