F&B - Line Attendant - Lead
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$12.00/hr. |
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under supervision of the Manager, assist in the daily operation of the cafeteria food service to maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, food presentation, and cost control. Provide excellent guest service in the cafeteria food operations through the preparation, serving, selling, clean-up, and cooking of food. Assist clerks with voids, corrections and related special situations. Coordinate break and lunch periods.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Assist guests through positive and friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register
Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist line attendants with the same
Assist in training and scheduling of staff
Attend and participate in safety meetings
Maintain sanitation of food and food service areas
Prepare and arrange food for serving; serve orders to guests quickly and efficiently
Clean counters, equipment, and general work area, including washing dishes
Replenish and inventory food items and supplies in a cafeteria serving line, food bar, or storeroom
Cook short order items on a serving line and perform simple food preparation
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation habits
- National Park experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use food service POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Ability to resolve basic problems and refer to manager when necessary
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Commercial kitchen machinery, appliances, tools, and utensils
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves, cut glove
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.