F&B - EDR Cook
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of Lead EDR Cook, prepare, cook, and serve food in a three meals per day Employee Dining Room that are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
Clean and inspect kitchen equipment and appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
Operate all food stations, including performing station checklist, temperature log, and signage
Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances based on estimates of future needs
Provide guidance to EDR Attendants
Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma preferred
- Knowledge of and moderate ability to competently cook at all relevant kitchen stations; able to provide large numbers of batch meals in a timely fashion with supervision and direction
- Three months culinary experience in restaurant, catering, or employee dining room required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess strong knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare items and follow recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, cut glove, steel mesh, mitt, apron, goggles
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.