HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
|Benefits:||normal compensation package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the full scope of HR activities, including Exempt and Non-Exempt recruitment, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits administration, health and safety.
- Manage all recruitment and retention processes to meet business needs. Establish constant communication with managers to forecast and plan for future hiring needs. Oversee, plan, develop, and implement effective recruiting strategies.
- Advise management staff regarding policies, procedures, and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements. Communicate regularly with managers. Work involves the application of professional knowledge and personal judgment to a variety of technical personnel and managerial problems and issues.
- Conduct employee investigations and recommend courses of action. Assist managers with employees' behavior and performance issues to include the delivery of corrective action.
- Supply the first line of communications for all employee relations. Maintain and support positive employee morale. Answer questions regarding benefits, pay, and policies and procedures.
- Coordinate employee housing operations, including opening facilities for occupancy and room assignments. Conduct regular housing inspections.
- Administer pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug testing program.
- Coordinate workers' compensation program with the State of Washington and the insurance carrier.
- Recommend, develop, schedule, and present training and orientation courses as needed.
- Direct off-site employee recreational trips and on-site activities and other morale-boosting endeavors.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 5 years equivalent related work experience.
- HRIS (PeopleSoft) experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently. Must be extremly assertive, organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.