Maintenance - Hotel
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to manage the kitchen of the Dining Room at the historic Paradise Inn?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the maintenance manager and hotel general manager, this position provides general hotel maintenance.
This position requires regular exposure to elevations up to 5,400 feet and to cold, snow, and rain.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
•Promotes the spirit and intent of Guest Services Hospitality Standards
•Performs assigned maintenance tasks of opening and closing Paradise Inn hotel as directed by general manager in cooperation with chief of maintenance.
• Basic plumbing and electrical knowledge required.
•Daily communication with general manager, housekeeping manager and/or manager on duty.
• Must be able to complete basic dry wall repair.
• Ongoing repair and painting of bathroom ceilings, hallways and stairwells as assigned.
• Detail work to include trim replacement, caulking and other minor room repairs as required.
• Understand fire supression system to facilitate responding to system trouble alarms in the hotel.
•Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
2 years similar work experience required.
Personal Qualities and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions. Appearance must be in compliance with company guidelines.
Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to stoop, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Must be able to navigate tight crawl spaces. Exposure to wet floors occurs. Must be able to work in cold, icy or snowy conditions, with elevations up to 5400 feet. Must be able to work on a ladder and above shoulder height. Must be able to lift 50 pounds periodically.
Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, humor, and common sense.
- Hand and power tools, regrigeration tools, boiler test equipment. Snow shovel, snow blower.
- Required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) used: Harness, chemical resitant gloves, goggles, face shield, leather working gloves, safety glasses with side shield, dust mask, safety glasses, chemical resistant aprons, ear muff/plugs, hard hat.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.