F&B - Food Manager - Jackson Visitor Center
|Location:||Mt. Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for all aspects of quick food service operation, including floor management, food & beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate fulfillment of financial goals, company incentives, and client standards. Maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, sanitation, cleanliness, product presentation, and cost control. Supervise Food Line Attendants and Leads to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from April to October.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all food operation tasks daily
Train, on-board, and schedule staff
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including General Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Retail Coordinator to ensure efficient deliver and supply of all relevant items
Participate in management and safety meetings and National Park Service inspections
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
Be available to provide management for and assistance to retail gift shop
Have access to and control safe for both gift shop and food operation
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- National Park experience strongly preferred; six months cafeteria or fast food supervision experience strongly preferred
- Food Safety certification
- Basic computer knowledge & ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and food service POS systems
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and grill areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal, combination safe
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others.)
- Commercial kitchen machinery, appliances, tools, and utensils
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves, cut glove
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.