F&B - Bartender
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Bartender is responsible for serving all guest beverages in a fast, courteous, and efficient manner. Properly mix alcoholic drinks for guests 21 years and older, as requested by Servers. This is a back of house position.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Anticipate guest and Server needs and respond politely and appropriately with a sense of urgency
Pour, mix, and serve drinks following standard recipes
Maintain the liquor, garnishes, glassware, and other supplies or inventory for the bar
Clean all bar equipment, tools, and supplies; ensure equipment is in good order
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Food safety certification; strong sanitation habits; alcohol service TIPS or MAST certification
- Bartending experience strongly preferred
- Able to remain organized and to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Able to solve guest problems and refer to management as necessary
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; otherwise move in a changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 20 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Work in wet and slippery conditions
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with others in a fast-paced kitchen and dining room
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Restaurant and bar equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies and solutions, washcloths, drink machine, etc.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: goggles and gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.