F&B - Busser
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The busser is responsible for assisting the Server to deliver bread, serve water and other beverages, replenish supplies, and assist to maintain the cleanliness of all dining room areas.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Greet guests promptly and in a polite, positive manner; answer questions as necessary
Assist the Server with delivering bread, serving water and other beverages, and replenishing supplies
Maintain pleasant dining experience by serving food and beverages in a friendly and efficient manner, checking on guests regularly, communicating with kitchen, and attending to guest needs
Perform setup/clean-up duties before and after each meal service including vacuuming, arranging furniture, and changing linens
Complete all “sidework” including stocking service areas with coffee, food, tableware, and linens
Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by company policy and law
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation habits
- National Park food service experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use food service POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Ability to solve guest problems and refer to management as necessary
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; otherwise move in a changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Work in wet and slippery conditions
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with others in a fast-paced kitchen and dining room
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, bus tubs, cleaning supplies and solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: gloves and goggles
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.