Housekeeping - Housekeeping Manager
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Housekeeping Manager at Paradise Inn is directly responsible for maintaining a high level of cleanliness in guest rooms, bathrooms, and public areas of the Inn. Daily responsibilities include training and supervising housekeeping staff, maintaining appropriate stock levels, and room inspections.
This is a seasonal position from early May to mid October.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all housekeeping tasks daily
Train and on-board new staff on safety and procedures
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including general manager, front desk staff, warehouse manager, and laundry staff to ensure efficient completion of rooms and smooth rotation of guest linens
Attend and participate in management and safety meetings
Under guidance of General Manager and Operations Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown of hotel rooms and related areas
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Manage guest lost & found log and supplies inventories
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Housekeeping experience strongly preferred; six months housekeeping supervision experience strongly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Housekeeping cart, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies, vacuum cleaner, guest linens, laundry bags, radio
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves and goggles
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.