F&B - Food and Beverage Manager - Paradise Inn
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||DOE $2,000 bi-weekly|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to manage the kitchen of the Dining Room at the historic Paradise Inn?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for all front and back of the house Food and Beverage operations at Paradise Inn, including the Dining Room, a busy 200 seat three meals per day restaurant, and Tatoosh Café. Manage food, beverage, equipment, and property to fulfill financial goals and company incentives. Control and manage all aspects of the food and beverage operations to maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and cost control. Directly supervise Dining Room Manager, Tatoosh Café Supervisor, and Executive Chef to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct managers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all operational tasks
Train, on-board, and schedule staff and managers
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including General Manager, Dining Room Manager, Chefs and Tatoosh Café Supervisor to ensure safe, professional, and efficient food service
Attend and participate in management and safety meetings
Under guidance of direction of General Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown of all food and beverage areas
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Maintain accurate and timely department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, tips, and daily cash reports
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- National Park experience strongly preferred; one year restaurant management experience strongly preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation skills; alcohol service TIPS or MAST certification
- Strong computer knowledge & ability including MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and food service POS systems
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and grill areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal, combination safe
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others.)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.