F&B - Cook-Pantry
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Assist Cooks and Chefs by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some simple cooking functions as assigned according to the menu and recipes, focusing on cold food items such as meats, cheeses, salads and desserts.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Gather all cold and uncooked food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
Ensure proper maintenance, rotation of food products, and cleanliness of all refrigerator walk-in areas
Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintain foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing production waste
Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule
Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to competently and efficiently prep food including salads and sandwiches with ease and accuracy
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn culinary terms and practices; able to prepare basic items by following recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.) .
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts