F&B - Kitchen Utility
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Clean all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans both by hand and automated machine. Maintain cleanliness and proper operation of dish cleaning area and equipment. Assist culinary and other restaurant staff as needed.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Clean dishwashing area throughout the day, including sweeping and mopping, to maintain sanitation and safety
Wash dishes, utensils, trays, and cooking supplies using proper sanitation procedures
Assist chefs, line cooks, and dining room staff as necessary
Keep all trash cans double-lined and in sanitary condition
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong sanitation habits
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and report it to management
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods in a wet environment; climb steps regularly
- Frequent immersion of hands in water
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Commercial dishwasher, dish cleaning supplies
- General custodial equipment including mop, broom, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles and gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.