F&B - Server
|Location:||Mt. Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$9.47/hr plus tips|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Provide guests with a dining experience appropriate to historic dining room in the national park. Greet, take food and drink orders from and serve all guests in assigned section of dining room in a fast, courteous, professional, and efficient manner. Ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the company’s standards. May be scheduled for any or all of all three meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Greet guests promptly and politely; answer questions about the menu, take food and beverage orders
Check patron identification to ensure compliance with alcoholic beverage service requirements
Explain how various items are prepared, describe ingredients and cooking methods, suggest menu items
Maintain pleasant dining experience by serving food and beverages in a friendly and efficient manner, checking on guests regularly, communicating with kitchen, and attending to guest needs
Carry plates, glassware, and trays to/from tables
Perform setup/clean-up duties before and after each meal service including vacuuming, arranging furniture, and changing linens
Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner
Complete all “sidework” including stocking service areas with coffee, food, tableware, and linens
Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by company policy and law
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation habits; alcohol service TIPS or MAST certification
- National Park food service experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use food service POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Ability to solve guest problems and refer to management as necessary
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; otherwise move in a changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with others in a fast-paced kitchen and dining room
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies and solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: goggles and gloves