Housekeeping - Housekeeper
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Housekeepers at Paradise Inn and National Park Inn fill a critical role in our operations by ensuring that guest rooms, bathrooms, and public areas are maintained at a high level of cleanliness in a prompt and courteous manner.
This is a temporary position from December to February (possibility of being extended).
Clean and maintain multiple guest rooms and public areas daily
Strip and re-make beds, dust, clean bathrooms, remove garbage, sort recycling
Move dirty linens and garbage to assigned area
Stock linen closets with clean linen throughout the day
Report needed repairs and turn in lost & found items to housekeeping management
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Housekeeping cart, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies, vacuum cleaner, guest linens, laundry bags
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles and gloves
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.