F&B - Executive Sous Chef
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Unit:||Food & Beverage Operations|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to manage the kitchen of the Dining Room at the historic Paradise Inn?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, assist in the management all aspects of the culinary operations at Paradise Inn to maintain a consistently high standard of cleanliness and food excellence. Provide up to 1,200 covers per day over three daily meals. Ensure that all foods for Dining Room, Employee Dining Room, and Café are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications. Supervise chefs, cooks, and utility staff to ensure tasks are completed in safe and efficient manner. Manage the culinary operation in the absence of the Executive Chef.
This is a seasonal position from late April to October.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all culinary tasks daily
Assist in training and supervision of staff on safety and procedures including recipes and plate presentation
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including general manager, food & beverage manager, dining room staff, warehouse manager, and laundry staff to ensure efficient operation of restaurant
Ensure that entire department adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
Under guidance of General Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Assist in maintenance of department records such as schedules, food safety inspection logs, and receiving invoices
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma strongly preferred
- Three years culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Moderate computer knowledge and ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, POS system
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager certification
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Typical office equipment (phone system, fax, copier, scanner)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: steel mesh glove, cut glove, goggles, mitts, apron
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.