HR/Safety - Medical/Safety Officer
|Location:||Mount Rainier National Park, WA|
|Salary Range:||$ 17.00 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Hold primary responsibility to provide basic medical services for employees, conduct drug testing for employees, conduct safety training and inspections, and assist with Worker’s Compensation claims. Work under direction of Human Resources Manager and in close coordination with HR & Safety Coordinator.
This is a seasonal position from late April to early October.
Provide basic medical intake and service for employees, assess whether to refer for further medical services
Conduct pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug tests
Perform regular inventories, restocking, and inspections of fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc.
Under direction of HR & Safety Coordinator and Human Resources Manager, provide safety training for employees, including monthly safety meetings and Blood Borne Pathogen training
Assist with paperwork administration and investigations for Worker’s Compensation claims
Regularly monitor operations for safe working environments and behaviors, and respond as appropriate
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; four year college degree strongly preferred
- EMT or equivalent certification required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience in assessing common workplace injuries and recommending appropriate treatment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive medical information with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments; experience in multi-unit environment
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 5 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand for the entire workday
- Climb steps regularly
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests, co-workers, and medical providers, and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Ability to travel between different units operated by the company
- Ability to drive a company vehicle in order to transport sick/injured employees as needed
- Typical basic medical supplies (bandages, thermometer, etc.)
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, mask, apron, and tongs